tirsdag den 11. august 2015

Top Ten Authors I've Read The Most Books From


This weeks topic over at Broke and the Bookish - and again - the title pretty much sums it up. While writing this list, I took Goodread to use, as there is no way I remember what else I have been reading while growing up. Because of this, the list is most likely not 100% accurate, as I know i read ALOT of series while younger, and guessing they would use more space on the list if I actually had remember it all.
But - here we goes:

1. Margit Sandemo with 47 books. No suprises there, as I have read (one) of her big, big, big series: Sagaen om isfolket. And since there are 47 books in there...

2. Henning Mankell with 25 books. Again, mainly from a series here, Wallander, with 11 (10,5) books. I've also explored some of the other stuff he have been writing - all from the childrens books and other stories. Wallander is my favorite though!

3. And here is Jakob Martin Strid with 24. ALOT of childrens books here. And some comics. He writes AWESOME books for kids!

4. Patricia Cornwell with 20 - and first non-scandinavian on the list! Kay Scarpetta all the way here (and looking at the list now, I can see there have been some new releases since last time I looked!)

5. Karin Slaughter with 18 - and my first favorite on the list! LOVE her. Specially the GC/Will Trent series, but the other stuff is not bad either.

6. Jo Nesbø with 17 books - and the 2nd norwegian on the list. Love him. Period. Books for kids? Crime? Plain awesomeness!

7. Douglas Preston with 14. I am specially fond of the Pendergast-series, but his stand-alone stuff is not bad either.

8. Elsebeth Egholm with 13 books read. I mainly like her crimeseries with Dicte, but that is just me. This one will get upped in just a little bit, as she just released a book here the 1st. Must read!

9. J.K. Rowling with 11. Harry Potter is surely the winner here, but I do like her crime books aswell. The other one. Not so much.

10. Ooh - this one seems to be a shared. With 10 books each I can mention writers such as: Maj Sjöwall with the Martin Beck series, Camilla Läckberg with her books about Patrik Hedström, Jussi Adler-Olsen with his series about Departement Q, but also his stand-alone books, Helene Tursten and her books about Inspector Huss and last, but not least Marian Keyes and her deepish, chicklit books. Alot of swedes it seems! 


1 kommentar:

  1. I really need to read Patricia Cornwell's stuff! I got to meet her very briefly, heard her speak, and got a signed copy of her Jack the Ripper book (I'm blanking on the title) a hundred years ago! Happy reading! :)

    SvarSlet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...