tirsdag den 21. juli 2015

Ten Books That Celebrate Diversity/Diverse Characters


Oooh... This one is quite hard actually! Coming to think about it, alot of the books I do read have some of it, I just don't really think about it that much! But, than again, there is alot of different ways to define what diversity really is.. And I'll use it quite wide, and than just see what books that pops into my head. But, I will use We Need Diverse Books' defintion, just to start somewhere: "We recognize all diverse experiences, including (but not limited to) LGBTQIA, people of color, gender diversity, people with disabilities, and ethnic, cultural and religious minorities". 
It is the diversity that makes the world!

(Edit: wow - this one was hard:o - and I still don't think I understood it quite:p) Basically... It is not something I look after when I read books!

1. The first one that pops up into my head is Lola and the boy next door by Stephanie Perkins. Sure - the diversity is not the main theme, but i LOVED how she put the in the 2 dads like it was totally normal (as it should be, but that is an entirely different discussion).

2. Wonder by R.J. Palacio. This weird, loving, disabled little boy, just trying to be "normal"(whatever that is). Loved it!

3. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. Depression is a way to silent disease!

4. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. A Cyborg-Cinderella<3 Cinder and her "herd" of misfits are going to save the world!

5. Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Indias diverse culture. It is a different than "normal" culture at least! Oh - and the fact that he practices like three different religions. Yey.

6. Me before you by Jojo Moyes. LOVED this book! Will has paraplegia and have no wish to live.

7. The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Racism at its "best".

8. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I REALLY love this book, so any chance to include it;) Mm... Socioeconomic status it is!

9. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. (And the rest of the series). Misunderstood genious!

10. Legend by Marie Lu. Well.. I start to run out of books! But with an asian in the book, that is not something I ususally reads at least!

2 kommentarer:

  1. I also listed the Lunar Chronicles on my List. Awesome Picks Check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It was ALOT harder than I thought it would be to find 10;o

      Slet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...